The ballet “Genesis” is staged to the classical version of the Symphonic Poem by composer Baruch Berliner and producer Nachum Slutzker, and is accompanied by a symphony orchestra, a narrator and 3D video art, which helps the audience to immerse themselves in the action on stage, adds volume to it and enlivens the space around the dancers.
The ballet, like the Symphonic Poem, tells about the stages of divine providence and the formation of the world order, reflecting the central events of the first chapters of the book Genesis:
- The Creation of the world;
- Adam and Eve;
- The Expulsion from Paradise;
- Cain and Abel;
- The Flood;
- The Token of Covenant.
The embodiment of the idea of the work in dance makes it possible to present the Symphonic Poem to a sophisticated audience, connoisseurs of the high art of choreography and to see the well-known biblical story told in the body language.
The premiere of the ballet took place on December 4, 2022 at the Kyrgyz National Academic Opera and Ballet Theater named after A. Maldybaev.
The ballet was warmly received by the audienceandwas included in the repertoire of the theaterby decision of the Art Commission of the Ministry of Culture of the Kyrgyz Republic.
A team with people from different countries worked on the production of the ballet:
- Composer Baruch Berliner (Israel);
- The author of the libretto for the ballet Olga Kuznetsova(Russia), a philologist, research fellow at the Institute of Russian Literature (The Pushkin House) of the Russian Academy of Sciences, author of books, articles and publications about Russian writers of the Silver Age and the findesiècle phenomenon in literature;
- Сhoreographer Dmitry Pimonov (Mariinsky Theatre, St. Petersburg, Russia) – the choreographer of the musicals “The Master and Margarita”, “The Nameless Star”, “Onegin’s Demon”, “Oscar and the Lady in Pink”, “Miracle Yudo” and many other productions in Russia and abroad;
- Costume Designers Dmitry Pimonov and Tatyana Astakhova (St. Petersburg, Russia);
- Сonductor Mikhail Kirchhoff (Russia) – a conductor of the Kaliningrad State Symphony Orchestra, the principal conductor of the Moscow Youth Symphony Orchestra, artistic director and principal conductor of the festival “Eurasian stars”;
- Symphony Orchestra of the Kyrgyz National Academic Theater of Opera and Ballet named after A. Maldybaev, Principal Conductor Zakhar Butenko (Kyrgyzstan);
- Ballet troupe of the Kyrgyz National Academic Theater of Opera and Ballet named after A. Maldybaev, led by People’s Artistof Kyrgyzstan, ballet master Aizada Tumakova (Kyrgyzstan);
- Project Manager Eugeniy Atsapkin (Kaliningrad, Russia);
- Producer Nachum Slutzker (Israel).
Read the libretto